Monday, October 08, 2007

Spinal Decompression compared to home inversion





I have used hangups or inversion boots for as long as I can remember, I like them to stretch and do abdominal exercises.
I was up one evening and I saw a commercial on television about this product and it was convincing! The sales guy said it decompressed the disc and lengthed the spine.
The next day a patient came in with a herniated disc and was interested in doing spinal decompression on the DRX 9000. I told him that his insurance did not cover the procedure and it was $4,000.
Sure enough he asked about the home inversion table that was 200 dollars and he was sure that they did the same thing.
wwww.drshoshany.com
Lets see a DRX 9000 costs 120,000 and the the inversion table costs $219 plus shipping and handling.
I have inversion boots in my office, and an inversion table these are not the same thing. The inversion table does not have the ability to pull and relax with a computer controlled logarithmic curve. Inversion tables are great to excercise your abdominal muscles and back muscles.
If you have a herniated disc it doesnt hurt to try this table but if you want long term relief and Non surgical disc decompression use the DRX 9000 table.
www.drshoshany.com

No comments:

 

Dr. Steven ShoshanyAbout Me
Chiropractor NYC. Please add my to your circles.